[Sca-cooks] Purslane?

Laurie Hupman roswtr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 15:05:48 PDT 2001

To all --

Thanks for the info!  I'll have to hunt around and see
what I can find, now that I know what I'm looking for.
 It's possible I can find it in one of my local
frou-frou grocery stores, or I'll just pop up to
Berkeley where Vittoria said she saw it.

It gets cooked down in one of the lamb & apple stew
recipes in the Andalusian cookbook (tuffihiya?
something like that).  I've tried the recipe a couple
of times now, but never included the purslane because
I didn't know what it was.  I'll have to hunt around
and see if I can find some, and see how much it
affects the flavor.

Rose