[Sca-cooks] Potato Pancake Recipe

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 7 09:06:15 PDT 2002

OK....for those of you who wanted it, Phillip took a few minutes of his few minutes at home yesterday (he's already on his way to NYC for the next 3 days!) to figure out what he's been doing when he makes them, and came up with this:

  Potato Pancakes

  3 Medium Potatoes (I prefer Yukon Gold)
  1 Medium Onion
  1-2 Eggs
  Salt & Pepper to taste
  Sour Cream or Applesauce

Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.  Place cookie sheet in oven to warm.  After about 5 minutes, pour about 1/4 Cup of oil on the sheet & return to oven.

Wash & scrub potatoes, leaving skins on.  Peel onion.  Place a shredding disk in a food processor.  Shred potatoes & onion, and remove to a bowl.  Add egg, season with salt and pepper and mix well (if mixture seems dry, add another egg).  Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet, about 2/3 Cup at a time.  Lightly press down mounds, and return sheet to oven.  Cook for 15 minutes or until tops start to brown.  Remove with slotted spatula to plates and top with sour cream or applesauce. Makes 6 - 8 pancakes.

If you have any further questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Kiri