[Sca-cooks] Whole to ground spice equivalents

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 04:40:48 PST 2002

Yup.  She and I went down to the Mall to hit museums.  We had a delightful
time, and saw lots of great things.  Arte, I did see (and photographed so I
can send pictures to you) of various 3-legged bronzes in the Freer and
Sackler collections.  However, unfortunately, they didn't have any of their
3-legged pottery on display.

We also saw a wonderful exhibit at the National Gallery called "Florence in
Bloom" I think....it was a show of works  from the Renaissance in Florence
including paintings, etchings, mosaics  and other items (some fabulous
embroidery, among others) that depicted flowers and/or fruit.  I now know
that pineapple is period....late period, but I could use it in a late
Tudor/Elizabethan feast and be perfectly correct!  There were etchings of a
number of fruits and veggies, with documentation as to where they came from
and when....very useful.  I may order the exhibit catalogue at some point.

Thanks, Johnnae, for pointing this one out to me...I wasn't even aware it
was there!

Kiri