[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 3 09:42:12 PST 2002

Selene commented that there wasn't much food in MIAHM, and I have to
note that, while Heinlein never let food get in the way of the progress
of the story, it was there.  Manuel interviews Stu LaJoie over
refreshments, Manny and Wyoh have the huge breakfast in the Raffles,
"Adam Selene" makes a point of programming his image to have sandwiches
sent up or coffee refilled, and the whole -war- was about foodstuffs
being sent to Earth.  Food is integral to life, and was part of the story.

Not exactly stuff to make recipes out of, but I think one of the reasons
most of us got involved in food is that it's such a part of life.

BTW, I've been a Heinlein addict since _Have Space Suit, Will Travel_,
which I read at age 8, almost 40 years ago.

Jared