[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Apr 3 09:20:10 PST 2002

>In a message dated 4/1/2002 7:48:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>Seton1355 at aol.com writes:
>
>>  _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_
>
>The first Heinlein book I read in my young life. I was in the third or fourth
>grade. This was back in the day when people didn't pay as much attention to
>what's in School Libraries as they do now. I'm afraid it started a lifelong
>addiction and forever warped my character.

In my case, it converted me from a classical liberal bothered by the
problem of where even a limited state got the right to make morally
binding laws to an anarchist. That's why Heinlein is one of the
people my first book was dedicated to.

Someone else in the thread raises the problem of children wasting
their time at school. That's why our go to a Sudbury school, where
they control their own time--Becca spends most of hers reading. For
more information follow the link on my home page.

Cooking content. Cooking content. Well, Betty (aka Elizabeth) does
regular cooking projects at the school, teaching any kids who are
interested how to make pizza from scratch, or stew, or ...  .
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/