[Sca-cooks] Gooses, stuffing, endoring, ovens

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Apr 7 10:08:08 PDT 2002

At 12:09 PM 4/7/02 -0400, you wrote:
>So, OK, it is my turn to ask a "Stefan Question".  ;-)   What is
>"endoring?" From the context, I take it to be gilding in some manner not
>using gold leaf?  (Let's see, endearing, enduring, daring, dire... no,
>none of them seem to fit the context...)

Endoring can be to gild with gold leaf (there is edible golf leaf-
expensive, but hey, when it's a State Dinner... ;-) -- or it can be to
paint the food with egg yolk and saffron, so it is yellow. I've done it-
certainly an interesting effect, even if my imagination doesn't quite
stretch to thinking it really looks like gold.

'Lainie