[Sca-cooks] yippee - oop, ot

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 15:07:12 PDT 2002

--- XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:

> > > Well, it is about 5 minutes from a decent
> northern style BBQ pit, so I may
> > > treat meself to a nice 'beast feast' for dinner
> after work on monday.
> >
> > I know what "Texas" and "Southern" BBQ are, but
> what is "Northern"
> > BBQ?
>
> Isn't a more sweeter BBQ than Texas or Southern? I'm
> thinking that cinnamon
> would be used because it isn't a traditional BBQ
> like most of us Southerners
> have had. I could be wrong, but hey

Northern BBQ is essentially grilled meat with
commercial BBQ sauce slathered on- usually while still
cooking so it gets that burned sugar taste. It's
nothing like Southern BBQ, although if done right, it
can taste OK.

Southern BBQ is slow cooked, usually in a pit, until
the meat is almost ready to dissolve in utter
relaxation. Most people, North or South, don't know
how to do a "proper" BBQ, because grilling has become
such a big, yuppie/suburban thang....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,