[Sca-cooks] yippee - oop, ot

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 20:23:10 PDT 2002

--- kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:
> Ok now your tweaking my heart strings...
> There are some of us Southerners who know how to pit
> roast an all day
> pig thank ya'll very much.  Says the Southern Boy
> who has the second
> best "Restaurant" Bar-B-Que place just down the road
> from him...
> Best is in my home town... and is actually known
> world wide amazingly
> enough... It was weird hearing about friends in
> England being asked
> where they were from and When they said Leesville SC
> they were answered
> back "Oh Shealy's Bar-B-Que....."
> Weird....
> But some of us Southerners know how to eat BBQ all
> the ways... Whole
> Pig, Half Pig or just the meat.
> And yes I do now live in Suburbia...
> But I keep my eye out for the good restaurants and
> try and cook BBQ
> right in my house when possible.
>
> Sorry you pushed a button...

Trust me, I understand. Akim was being smug in his
Tennesseeness on our Household List, and he DARED to
say that Scotti, Stefan and I wouldn't eat Southern
delicacies, like grits and black-eyed peas. Now, he's
right in Scotti's case, because Scotti's just a Yankee
vacationing in the South for a few years, and Stefan-
well, everyone knows that Texans don't count as real
Southerners- Hell, ask them, and they'll try to tell
you all about being their own country once. But
unfortunately, Akim, I'm a Virginian, and I know
Southern food. Most I like and eat regularly, some I
don't- I don't like a lot of sugar and salt, for
instance, so I eat my grits with butter and pepper,
not salt, and I like my tea unsweetened.

But, I DO know good Southern food, and really enjoy
most of it, both to eat, and to cook.....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,