[Sca-cooks] Southern cooking, was yippee - oop, ot

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 10 21:26:34 PDT 2002

I don't eat them together! I eat grits with butter and salt and pepper.
I don't do red-eye gravy. And I save my bacon grease to cook greens
(Well, OK, usually kale or beet greens or turnip greens - collards
aren't my favorite.

I admit, I've never fried okra. Chicken, but not for a long time. And
BBQ is a bit tough in the city. I only sweeten cornbread if I'm making
it for breakfast or something like that - I don't like sweet breads with
dinner.

I'm looking in Greenmarket for fiddleheads...

Anne