[Sca-cooks] Cuisine of Scotland

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 09:26:22 PDT 2002

Giovanna Lamberti wrote:

> > > While we're on something similar... what sort of regional specialties
> would anyone recommend trying when in Scotland?>>

I'm not sure I would compare haggis with kishka, exactly, it's chunkier, more like
oatmeal stuffing with lamb giblets.  Still good with gravy though.

Scotland is also known for its fine salmon, fresh and smoked.  I would not bother
looking for bagels however. <g>

Well, if you go shopping, try here, and tell us how it is.  I'm a big fan of the
Two Fat Ladies;  this is what the surviving Lady did after that show ended.

The Cook's Bookshop
118 West Row
Grassmarket
Edinburgh EHI 2HH
Tel: 44-131-226-4445
Owner Clarissa Dickson Wright is one of the Two
Fat Ladies from the UK TV series of the same
name. New and used books

Selene, Caid