[Sca-cooks] chipmunks was Re:Chickens

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Apr 11 15:34:52 PDT 2002

At 06:17 PM 4/11/02 -0400, you wrote:

>In my home, luckily my cat is not a believer in catch and release. She
>kills quickly and neatly. And I haven't seen a mouse since about a month
>after she came here! It took a while to get them away from the closets
>and cupboards, so I would leave them open for her to check out at night.
>That took care of it!

When my kids were little, we had a cat that was quite the mouser. But she
also pulled stunts like bringing a mouse in and dismembering it under the
dining table- while we were gone for the weekend at an event!

Worse was one summer day she climbed in teh kitchen window, next to where
we were pleasantly munching on our dinner, hopped over and dropped a
half-mangled, terrified, bald baby bird in teh middle of the table. The
kids all screamed and the cat jumped back out the window. Daddy had to take
the baby bird outside- I couldn't touch it. Couldn't finish my dinner
either. Poor cat- she gave us a contribution towards dinner and we threw it
away! She was mad for a couple of days...

'Lainie