[Sca-cooks] Re: Hollywood gays (was movie night at the rock)

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Thu Apr 11 15:42:49 PDT 2002

> You know, I think I'd really enjoy seeing gay love
> treated as a sensitive romantic subject occasionally,
> instead of campy stuff like "Boys in the Band" or the
> setting for another AIDs tragedy. One universal in the
> human race is the need for love and romance, and I
> can't really see that it makes much difference whether
> it's two men, two women, or a man and a woman. I'm
> also willing to bet that bi-racial gays have some of
> the same difficulties that biracial heteros have.....

Try these:
Parting Glances (the movie that launched Steve Buscemi's career)
A Very Natural Thing
Making Love (Harry Hamlin, yum!)
BEAUTIFUL THING (oh my GOD, you wanna talk gay romance?)
Get Real
Edge of Seventeen (not quite so much a romance as it is a
coming-of-age-and-falling-in-love)
Green Plaid Shirt (references AIDS, but it's in the background)
Defying Gravity

Give me time, I'll think of more.

Avraham