[Sca-cooks] mastic

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 17 05:59:53 PDT 2002

Also sprach M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey:
>--- "Harris Mark.S-rsve60"
><Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com> wrote:
>
>< I've never seen it(that I remember) in modern cookery,
><although some ofthe List members who are into Modern ME
><might look, and see what they find.
>
>I think that it must be fairly common in modern Mediterranean
>cookery, for my local Italian/Greek import grocery store Always
>has it in stock.  This is a _very_ small place.  They usually have
>several brands, in at least 2 sizes.  We're not talking little 2 oz.
>containers, either.  My (admittedly hazy) memory seems to be
>of half-pound and pound jars.

Sahadi Importers, on Atlantic Avenue, in Brooklyn, sells it in bulk,
by weight. I assume they'd have no problem selling you as much as you
want, or as much as they have at any given time. They are an old
Lebanese-American family business, and they originally sold Middle
Eastern food products, but now that they've gone all yuppified, some
of these distinctions have become blurred.

Adamantius