[Sca-cooks] Re: Cola was Mo+ie way 00P

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Apr 20 19:55:54 PDT 2002

As you might suspect there are books
on this subject. I suggest:

For God, Country, and Coca-Cola: The
Definitive History of the Great American Soft
Drink and the Company That Makes It
by Mark Pendergrast. rev'd ed. 2000

Secret Formula : How Brillant Marketing and
Relentless Salesmanship Made Coca-Cola the
Best-Known Product in the World
by Frederick Allen. reprint 1995.

Coca-Cola: A History in Photographs
1930-1969 by Howard L. Applegate. 1996.

The Other Guy Blinked : And Other Dispatches
from the Cola Wars by Roger Enrico. O.P.

The Wednesday NYT food section has been running
an amusing series that began with an article about
coke for breakfast and continued this week with a
series of letters.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis
(and I prefer Pepsi over Coke and yes... for
breakfast... even if they have to go to the Bar
to get it for me...)