[Sca-cooks] mustards

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Apr 23 12:00:43 PDT 2002

> Most mustards are much better if you let them sit for a long period of time,
> the longer they sit, the better they mellow.  I would say allow at least 2
> weeks, 6 is better, before serving or giving.  If you make it and give it
> early (read: last minute), make sure the recipients know how long to let it
> sit before they try it.

(Unless, of course, they are psychos like my friends in Eisental, who will
happily eat the hot mustards I make. However, I made a mustard with red
wine last year that had to sit 4-5 months to be edible.)

> Are *WE* going to get copies of your mustard class?  :)

Yes, of course, as soon as I get it put together and up. (This is the one
new class I am allowing myself at Pennsic this year. The other three will
have to be old standbys.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa