[Sca-cooks] hot tubs at SCA events

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Apr 26 13:40:22 PDT 2002

At 04:00 PM 4/26/02 -0400, Sieggy wrote:
>    What about belt tokens?

*ahem* (channeling Ras) Documentation please? :-):-D)

(I have a personal loathing for belt tokens. Jes' me, mind you. I don't
write policy.)

> Less noticeable, but still 'precedential' for
>those kingdoms where such things are expected. Myself, when I want to run in
>stealth mode, I either put the medallion inside my tunic, or flip it over so
>the obverse shows (I have one of the old original 'corporate' medallions).

*koff*koff*- Anyone who really cares already knows who you are- and anyone
who doesn't know who you are- would you rather be judged by the
medallion/lack of same, or demeanor?

Not a personal poke, mind you, simply an observation that we could all
stand to think about every once in awhile.

Someone I know- I really don't notice the medallions. Someone I don't know,
it is handy to use them to clue for titles of address.

Beyond that- we are ALL Ladies and Gentlemen- and such consideration should
depend from the neckline.

Stepping off the box before I fall and hurt myself,

'Lainie
(full disclosure of alphabet soup available upon written request. ;-)