[Sca-cooks] A trick for growing period apple

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Fri Apr 26 14:35:31 PDT 2002

It's called scion wood and some nurseries that  that sell trees also sell
that. The site that was mentioned here http://www.applenursery.com/ has
scion wood.  It's generally available in Feb and you graft in the spring.
(see your county extension agent for more info...)  You can also see if
there are apples in your area that you like and approach the owners of the
trees for some scion wood. (that is how we got some this year from some of
the original apple trees in the Olympia, WA area trees were about 120 years
old).

Maeve