[Sca-cooks] Capon-neck sausage

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sat Apr 27 16:03:57 PDT 2002

I would imagine (no, no documentation but my mother's memories) that this is
like the derma or kishka you make with the chicken or turkey neck.  You PEEL
the skin off the neck (after feathering, of course), and stuff that, sewing
up the ends to make a nice little 'sausage'.  Obviously, a larger bird with a
larger neck (and capon are usually BIG fat birds) yields a larger neck-skin.
Um...I dunno, but if you fried or baked it, the skin would get all crispy and
that would be goood.
Devra the Baker

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com