[Sca-cooks] Perfect fried rice - egg coated

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Sat Apr 27 16:47:42 PDT 2002

> Hey, this sounds a lot like the way that we always prepared kasha, only
after
> we mixed the egg and kasha, we heated them together in a heavy pan,
stirring
> like crazy, until the egg was all dried out (and coated onto the separate
> grains.)  THEN we added liquid and steamed/boiled it.

That's how I make matzo farfel, too. Farfel is little chips of matzo. You
mix it with egg and fry it in schmaltz until each piece is separate and dry.
Then you put it in the chicken soup with the knaedl.... Damn, now I'm
hungry. Good thing Mom gave me the last quart of chicken soup from Passover.
:-)

Avraham