[Sca-cooks] Re: Caramel Laura Secord

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sat Apr 27 20:02:46 PDT 2002

You know, you can turn Eagle brand milk into decent caramel just in and of
its own...  Put it in a large pot of boiling water and let it cook a
while.  It caramelizes in there as is :-)

As for truffles...  Make round balls of your caramel.  let them cool down
in the fridge.  prepare your ganache, make sure it's not cooled down too
much, grab your ball of caramel, wrap it in the ganache, cool the whole
thing down, then, roll in whichever finish you want.  Personally, I'd avoid
the almonds, but that's a personal bias against them :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka