[Sca-cooks] Re: Caramel Laura Secord

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Sun Apr 28 14:15:04 PDT 2002

> You know, you can turn Eagle brand milk into
> decent caramel just in and of  its own...  Put it in
> a large pot of boiling water and let it cook a
> while.  It caramelizes in there as is :-)

Ah, yes... a friend (once of Storvik, now in Louisi-anna) told me to take a
can of chocolate Eagle-brand milk and boil it (place on small cloth in pan
full of water) for about 4 hours, then allow to cool for 18... it produces
the most heavenly thick rich fudge-caramel-like substance, which dipped into
with Granny Smith Apples is a treat to die for...
and I _don't_ like chocolate! He and his wife called it "Dolce la leche",
btw.

Rosine