[Sca-cooks] Re: Caramel Laura Secord

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Mon Apr 29 01:09:23 PDT 2002

> > Do you open the can a bit or leave it sealed?
> Angustias-who just happens to have a can of chocolate Eagle Brand in the
> cupboard

Sealed, definitely. And unless you want an explosion, I was warned to
a) start with the can fully (deeply immersed) in cold water
b) make sure the cloth underneath is thick (to reduce heat conductivity via
metal contact)
c) under no circumstances jostle or move the heated pan/water/can until at
least 12 hours had passed.

The amount of pressure in that can is going to be immense. It's not really
safe, I'd guess... but man oh man, was that topping/dip/ambrosia GOOD!!!!

Rosine