[Sca-cooks] Bread question

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 29 11:53:06 PDT 2002

On 29 Apr 2002, at 11:47, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> I'm cruising through the ads in teh Eugene paper (online) and someone
> has an ad for an Artisan Baker. Ok, not my skillset. But I saw
> something that caught my eye. What is 'laminated dough'? Surely they
> aren't encasing it in plastic! What are they doing that could be
> called laminating?

I'd never heard this term, but a Google search revealed that
"laminated dough" is layered dough, such as is used for
croissants, puff pastery, and the like.  See:
http://www.baking911.com/howto_dough_laminated.htm
for more details.

Brighid, non-laminated home baker

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom