Kitchen cleanliness (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Leaving the site cleaner thanwe found it

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 1 09:56:33 PDT 2002

I'm signed off just now, but had to comment here:

 but I sure wish we were at least
> _trained_ in some more-or-less standard
> way--some sort of SCA
> publication like the seneschals', etc.
> handbooks.

Well, I'm working on it, in fact the final copy of the first edition of the
"Feast Planner's Guide" should be in my hands this afternoon (after my
protoge/editor incorporates the section I just sent her on scaling up
seasonings).  I already know it is the first of many revisions, but I have
taught from it twice now, it takes three hours to teach, and it seems fairly
comprehensive.  The comments I've gotten is that it is all you can get in
training without actually stepping into the kitchen and doing it.

Assembled into a 8 or
> 10 page document (or whatever length), and kept
> on a website somewhere,

Heh, heh, it's 60+ pages at this time, and with the new stuff I just sent,
that's probably a low guess.  My proto/editor made the comment (after
autocratting several times and writing the first of this series, "The
Autocrat's Handbook") that feastcratting was way harder than any other job.
DUH! I've been saying that for years, in fact, I say it with every Feast
Appreciation class I teach.
Christianna