[Sca-cooks] period perfumes

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Thu Aug 1 23:25:46 PDT 2002

Lucrezia commented:

> Though actually if we got people to wear period scents to feasts they
> wouldn't have alcohol in them would they? Wasn't that an C.18th innovation?
> Jadwiga?

I'm not sure. You might want to look into these two files. Perhaps you
could encourage more period perfumes in your area and help eliminate
the types of perfumes that trouble you.

Perfumes-bib      (20K) 12/26/00    "Perfumes Bibliography" by Nora Siri Bock.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/Perfumes-bib.html
perfumes-msg      (39K)  6/ 1/01    Medieval perfumes and pomanders.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/perfumes-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net