[Sca-cooks] My feast is over! (And I think I am sad)

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 08:56:55 PDT 2002

I just wanted to, once again, thank all of you for your help and guidance. I truly looked at all the sites and recipes and even had a taste test with several of them. I figured I would take the cowards way out. Let the heads make the decision (then I went against them, anyway).

The pear crisp was by far MY favorite (as well as many others') but since we were running fairly well close to budget, I had to do something else. I found out that it didn't have to be totally period and invented a spice/gingerbread cake with orange cream sauce. Seemed to go over well, as did the whole feast.

You have all given me many new links to research, in case I ever do this again (and I must admit, I have been bitten!)

Thank you.

Isabella FN di Giovanni