[Sca-cooks] Game meat

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 21 09:33:10 PDT 2002

Remember when I asked about bear and boar meat? Well, they went to Pennsic.

The boar was consumed before I arrived, during land grab, so all I know
about that is that my friend says it was good, pork but more so.  But
the bear came in a second installment, and, being no fool, I invited
myself over to try it... It was cut in steaks, and he had considered
grilling it, but then took all the trichinosis warnings seriously (both
from us and, I gather, from a book he found) and decided to cube it and
braise it. In beer, which worked quite well. It was very tender, with an
assertive taste, that was good. Brighid, did you get any?

So, thank you all for ideas, thoughts, suggestions. My friend (and, I
gather, his camp) was very happy with the results.

Anne