[Sca-cooks] Soup for the Qan - Bal-po Soup

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 06:28:14 PDT 2002

Stefan skrev:

> > I had some of this during the potluck but mainly
> strained out the
> > solid bits since I had a plate and not a bowl.
> Later I had some in
> > camp as a soup. I found it rather greasy that way.
> Is this typical
> > of lamb stews/soups? I think duck is the animal I
> hear most folks
> > complain about being greasy. I think I find duck
> grease more tasty
> > than lamb grease. Perhaps I should have eaten it
> with bread?
> >

> > Stefan

Stefan, the original recipe was that it be served over
rice, which I had available at the Potluck, but
unfortunately I never saw the rice again until when I
was packing up. Most boiled meats will provide a fair
amount of fat- that's in part why I was skimming, but
using a carb such as rice, noodles, or bread to absorb
excess fat is very common in most types of cooking.
When I reheated some for myself, I added some noodles
for that very reason.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,