[Sca-cooks] Scappi

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 18:28:19 PDT 2002

Since I've delurked...

I recently got my copy of the new Scappi reprint (Thanks Devra) and
have just begun to look at it.  I don't know Italian other than musical
terms and a few art songs from college days, but I "interpret" info &
code for a living, and have some French and Latin.  Between that,
Babelfish (what an entertaining tool!) and an Italian dictionary,
translating at least some of the hundreds of recipes is doable, but
slow. So this is going to be a...leisurely...project.  Is anyone else
on the list working on Scappi?    Any suggestions from the experienced
translators among us?

Many thanks,

Tara