Kitchen cleanliness (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Leaving the site cleaner thanwe found it

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 3 16:39:10 PDT 2002

Generys asked:
> So are you going to post this one a website somewhere?  I would absoultely
> *love* to see it - I'm currently panicking because my first feast as head
> cook is <2 months away...

This booklet is probably for sale only and not something the author
wants to put up for free on the web. If they do, I'd be glad to host
it though.

Have you looked at the files in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium?

While they won't be as organised as this booklet, they might give you
some information from a variety of sources. Here are a few:

feast-serving-msg (94K)  6/18/02    Ideas for serving feasts. How to organise.
Fst-Managemnt-art (12K)  7/22/01    "Feast Management" by Lady Eden Blacksmith.
Fst-Menus-art     (11K)  4/15/99    "On Rules for Feast Menus"
                                      by Lord Daniel Raoul le Vascon du Navarre.
headcooks-msg    (155K)  5/17/01    Advice for SCA headcooks. Planning feasts.
high-table-msg    (26K) 12/13/01    Setting up and serving the High Table.
kitchen-clean-msg (14K)  6/11/99    Cleaning the kitchen after an SCA event.

practice-fsts-msg  (7K)  2/14/01    Using practice feasts.
Run-a-Feast-art   (14K) 11/ 2/98    "About Running a Feast" by Minna Gantz.
warming-ovens-msg  (9K)  7/16/99    Using warming ovens for SCA feasts.

And here is one, both to give you some things to check for, and to
perhaps reassure you that things really could be worse:
fst-disasters-msg (50K)  8/ 2/00    Tales of SCA feasts that were disasters.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net