[Sca-cooks] Regional names for common egg dish...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Aug 7 08:36:47 PDT 2002

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>Don't think my Dad ever caught a trout. I have. I was married for 11 years
>to a Fisherman. The 'I'd Rather Be Fishing' bumper-sticker was written for
>him. About him. I tried to enjoy it, for the sake of actually seeing him
>occasionally. I don't enjoy it, and becasue of my allergies I found it
>dangerous.

I like to fish. My brother, however, will be played by a younger
version of Harrison Ford in the movie version of this story,
currently in development hell and with the working title of "Indiana
Jones and the Pond of Death."

In the opening scene, SULLAH (ordinarily played by John Rhys-Davies
but now played by a rising young star who looks suspiciously like
Fred Flintstone) comes up and says, "Indy! The ancient one at the gas
station says there is a tiny trout pond lost in those impenetrable
woods. None who have gone in there have lived to buy another six-pack
of Saranac Black-And-Tan! There are asps in there. Very dangerous!
You go first!"

INDY: [holding bullwhip in one hand, machete in the other, spinning
tackle --fly rods are for posers-- in a third, and medium-barelled
.44 duct-taped to brown Stetson "Nostalgia" fedora] [snarling] _What_
pond?

[Exciting footage of coyote-pack attack and encounters with
paramilitary survivalist conservatives snipped; see the movie: it's
very exciting!]

SULLAH: Indy! We've just crossed what looked like the Ural Mountains,
after a thrilling coyote attack and an encounter with paramilitary
survivalist conservatives! And still no trout pound! Are you sure
we're in the right place?

INDY: Yeah. We're close. I can feel it. The old geezer at the gas
station marked this map at 1/8 of an inch. At that scale, we must be
_verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry_ close. Only a few more steps and we'll be
there. [Slashes at more undergrowth with machete]

SULLAH: Indy! Is that a penguin I see? Over there on that ice floe?
Are you sure we haven't gone too far?

INDY: _Annnnnnnnnnnnnny_ minute now....

SULLAH: That what's you said when we passed those kangaroos!

INDY: [hacking and slashing] _Annnnnnnnnnnnnny_ minute now....

>  Trout (caught by a friend who brought them by the same afternoon) grilled
>on teh Pyromid with some lemon, served with rice pilaf and gently steamed
>green beans... I might bite at that bait.

I STR the last trout I caught we hot-smoked over apple branches less
than an hour later. What'd we have with them? Who cares? ;-)

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER