[Sca-cooks] Re: Gads, Zooks! was Drive-by Dessertings

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 21 11:32:08 PDT 2002

Maire, correct on the first guess!  But our Pels are a talented lot and there were
no shortage of other dainty delicacies [and not so dainty, like Gulliver's Corn
Salsa] to sample.  Caid has a preponderance of cooking Pelicans, maybe the idea was
to get better food at the meetings? [OK, I don't really believe this, and we all do
other things besides cooking, but it's as good a joke-theory as any.]

Tiptoe-ing back on-topic:  when, precisely, was the Zucchini as we know it
discovered and used in European cookery?

Selene, Caid