[Sca-cooks] Dubba (Way..way..off topic...political rant)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Aug 23 11:20:07 PDT 2002

Also sprach Michael Gunter:
>>Apart from the New York Yankees and George W. Bush, that is...
>
>My latest "Dubba" rant (sieg heil!) is his new "anti forest
>fire policy". I'm sorry but it sounds to me like his idea
>of preventing forest fires it to cut down the trees and
>sell the wood.
>
>Since he comes from West Texas, I can see how this would
>appeal to him. A wonderful quote on NPR about his new
>environmental secretary stated that she probably considers
>a forest as an inefficient means of storing lumber.

Maybe he, um, cannot see the forest for the trees, and is trying to fix that?

I just enjoy watching Dubba Bubba work under the impression that no
one in the US has ever read a Roman history book about the voting of
additional imperium and the transition of Republic to Empire. The
worst was when my 11-year-old nudged me in the ribs in the big Senate
scene in "Star Wars: Episode II" and stage-whispered, "Isn't that
basically what Bush is doing?"

My reply: "Well, the Romans thought it up first, but, basically..."

Adamantius, New York Liberal Scum

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER