[Sca-cooks] What does Saunders taste like?

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Fri Aug 23 23:43:54 PDT 2002

In a message dated 08/23/2002 8:32:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
doc at medievalcookery.com writes:

> Saunders (red sandalwood) is pretty much flavorless - unless you use too
>  much, and then your food will taste like sawdust.

Admittedly it is a very old post in the Florilegium (Spring 1999) but Master
Corwin mentions using saunders in the making of illusion strawberries made of
meat:

"They're kinda cool. You take ground beef (I guess you could use pork too)
make your strawberries, roll them in saunders and sesame seeds and roast
them."

Master Corwin, if you're about, could you give me an idea of how much
saunders you used in your test batches to how much meat?

Many thanks to all who have posted information. It's been a great help.

Ilaria