[Sca-cooks] Fw: [trimaris-temp] CROWN LYST, TAVERN MENU & HOURS

Aurore Aurore at hot.rr.com
Mon Aug 26 06:31:54 PDT 2002

> > Rat on a stick is our tongue in cheek title for  a dish that is not
> likely
> > to have existed but brings on some intersting ideas about the Seige of
> > Antioch and what might have been served jsut before they got to the
> > prisoners as dinner.
>
> What's tongue in cheek about it?  I've eaten rat on a stick in a Laotian
> market.  Like a greasy chicken schnitzel on a stick, wasn't bad, but I
> wouldn't rave about it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Drake.

No worst than what my Dad found when he went to Hong Kong 15-20 years ago.
Him and some friends found a place that did a meat platter of a little of
everything.  Some he could identfy, some he could not and didn't ask
questions.  All over the world everyone has a different idea of what is good
meat or just for survive.  I hope Drake doesn't get ideas if he ever see me
with my pet rat.  Aurore