[Sca-cooks] Re: Beans was CROWN LYST, TAVERN MENU &HOURS

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Aug 26 13:23:40 PDT 2002

Also sprach johnna holloway:

>so maybe you need to add another variety of beans to your
>question regarding red, balck or pinto...

I can do that:

There seems to be some delineation of bean preferences along cultural
lines among different groups in Latin America. Dominican and Cuban
Latin Americans seem frequently to prefer black beans. Puerto Rican
and the various island cultures seem to prefer red beans (or
sometimes pigeon peas). Mexicans seem often to prefer pinto beans,
especially Mexicans in Texas. And then you have the Illinois-based
Latin-American subculture, who seem to prefer white or navy beans.

All right, I didn't intend for this to get out of hand, but it just
sort of got silly...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER