[Sca-cooks] Freezing food

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Aug 28 10:04:25 PDT 2002

>I've done this with most of my feasts. Pre-cook and bag them.
>Then, at the feast site either boil-in-bag, microwave or defrost
>and reheat. It depends on the dish and kitchen facilities

Hate to be the one to raise attention to this again, but...

Ya got to be careful how you do it.  It works fine, and I've used that
technique before.  Just make sure that
a)your contents are defrosted before you re-warm them
and
b)you use actual boiling water, not just lukewarm water...

BTW, saranwrap and other wraps don't melt in boiling water, so just about
any ziplock bag should handle boiling water without flinching.  It's always
a good idea to *under* bag though.  If you fill the poor thing to the brim,
it'll just want to explode ;-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry