[Sca-cooks] Adamantius Harrumpfing

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 29 06:56:32 PDT 2002

Also sprach Marilyn Traber:
>Although my first husband is definitely not as described - he wouldn't pay
>for a paella pan to save his life, he would use the frying pan.

<sniffle> I use an iron frying pan for paella all the time... I've
also used my smallest wok (which is Japanese and has a slightly
flattened bottom). I simply don't have room for any utensil that has
only one purpose. For that reason I also don't own a tagine, a
tripiere, or a couscoussiere (I'll have to check the spellings on
those last two). Also no fish poacher. I do, however, own a baklava
pan (which I bought) and a chicken deep-frying pan (essentially an
iron skillet about seven inches deep, with a cover) which was a gift.
And one copper pot. But given my druthers, I would cook nearly
everything in either a black iron skillet, my [indoor/legless] Dutch
oven, or any of four woks.

>  Hell, I
>couldn't get him to expend the money for saffron, he'd probably try to use
>yellow food coloring and canned mussels!

Okay, now _that's_ criminal. Obviously divorce (if not murder) was
your only option.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER