[Sca-cooks] Dinner for one, OOP...

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 04:19:16 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/30/2002 11:42:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
afmmurphy at earthlink.net writes:

> But the other day I grilled fresh bluefish, and a portobello mushroom,
> and had it with chard. Bread, maybe? I don't remember...

Not exactly for one, but I made my first chicken divan - the real kind, not
with Lutheran binder - for me and my husband the other day, and promptly
replicated for a casserole for friends who had just brought their child home
from the hospital.
Parboiled boneless chicken breasts, in the one for my husband and myself,
left whole, but cut into thirds for the other.  Laid on homemade croutons for
ours, store-bought for theirs (next time I'll make my own -much better!).
Broccoli florets sprinkled in profusion,  Topped with what I understand is
sauce Mornay - white sauce with cheese - made by melting about half a stick
of butter (less for our personal one), adding aobut 2 heaping tablespoons of
flour. mxing to no lumps,a nd adding as much milk as necessary for the amount
of sauce I wanted, then whisking in cheddar cheese, pouring it over the top,
sprinkling a little more cheese on, and baking it at 350 degrees for about 20
minutes.
My husband decided that he wanted to keep the big caserole for us and make
something else for our friends :-)  I overruled him.

Brangwayna