[Sca-cooks] Re: Cookies

Lynn Hunter rohanna1 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 1 14:39:12 PST 2002

16 1/2 dozen down.  5 dozen more to go.  I will be posting my parcel
Tuesday at the latest.  My contribution is Cream Cheese Drops.  Herewith is
the recipe (our printer is fubar, and I am NOT writing the recipe out 42
times.  Recipients 15-42 would NOT be able to decipher it!).

CREAM CHEESE DROPS

1/2 lb. of butter
3 oz. cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla *
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Cups of Flour, sifted
chocolate morsels

Cream butter & cream cheese (is that redundant? ;-D), add vanilla * mix
thoroughly.  Add sugar, mix thoroughly.  Add flour, mix thoroughly.  Form
into small rounds, top with chocolate morsel bake in a 375 degree F oven for
10 minutes.

*  I made 2 variations - Orange and Lemon - in each case I ADDED 1 teaspoon
of either orange or lemon extract along with the vanilla, and 1 TABLESPOON
of dried orange or lemon peel.  Some of each kind are "morsel-less", for the
chocolate sensitive who may have notified Apollonia.  Each kind is in a
baggie and IDENTIFIED.  (Those of you who get the Halloween baggies - your
slider will glow in the dark.  Consider it an extra Christmas gift from
Bright Hills...<ggg>  Hey, a box of 12 quart sized Hefty slider baggies for
25 cents.  I can live with the Happy Halloween decorations.)

This recipe is INFINITELY variable.  You can add up to 1 cup of coarsely
chopped nuts, 1 cup of chopped candied fruit, or 1/2 - 1 cup MORE of flour
and shape the cookies into balls around a Hershey's kiss, or a maraschino
cherry.  I have done all these in the past.

AND, these cookies have the 2002 Siberian Husky seal of approval - both of
my mooches were (you should pardon the expression) dogging my feet, praying
for cookie dough to drop on the floor.  When some did (now HOW did that
happen??) I got many puppy kisses and assurances that Sibs *need* cookie
dough to stay healthy.

I am THOROUGHLY sick of cream cheese and butter right now.  Wouldn't even
get excited for STC...

Ro

Lady Roana de Laci
Bright Hills Cooks Guild