[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest/full of baloney

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Wed Dec 4 02:47:38 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/1/02 5:19:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spynnere at juno.com writes:

> ?
>
>    It is more 'coarse' and much darker.  You used to be able to get
> Lebanon bologna in Richmond, at the larger grocery stores' delis--I was
> quite surprised to see it, and went in a futile search for ring bologna.
> I have never seen ring bologna anywhere I have been in Virginia,
> unfortunately!
>
>    Elizabeth

I think there is little to no demand of Penn ring bologna because no one has
had it! But even ring bologna is rare to non existant in Va probably since
Ham and Peanuts are the main cash makers here in Va so you know Smithfield
didn't want anything treading on its business :\. Plus wasn't ring bologna an
Amish/Dutch creation?

Misha
Part Penn. Dutch