[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest/full of baloney

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 19:48:16 PST 2002

Elizabeth commented:
>    It is more 'coarse' and much darker.  You used to be able to get
> Lebanon bologna in Richmond, at the larger grocery stores' delis--I was
> quite surprised to see it, and went in a futile search for ring bologna.
> I have never seen ring bologna anywhere I have been in Virginia,
> unfortunately!
I finally remembered to go look at the Lebanon bologna in the deli section

of my store that started this conversation, when I made my second trip
there to get cookie supplies.

They only had the Boar's Head brand, but it did say "made in the
Pennsylvania Dutch style" or some such. So I guess we are talking
about Lebanon, PA. However, this had a company address of New York
or somewhere other than Lebanon. It also did not have any descriptives
such as were mentioned here earlier. So, just generic "Lebanon bologna"
made by an outfit that isn't from that area.

I guess I may just have to investigate some of the weblinks posted

here earlier. Just wish Weavers (http://www.lebanon-bologna.com/)
didn't require some unknown plug-in. Or at least that they would tell
me what that plug-in was, so I could go get it. Instead of simply
directing me to the Netscape plug-in site to download it.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com