[Sca-cooks] Life in Philly, was Maire's life

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 30 16:05:20 PST 2002

Olwen wrote:
>  Me?  I'm moving to Philly.  It called my name when I went for a wee visit
>  and the roar of that call is just getting stronger and stronger.  I honestly
>  feel I should just get in my car and take off and worry about my stuff
>  later.  I just might.

Well, i've only been there briefly - my daughter goes to college
nearby (Swarthmore).

One thing to be sure to see in Philly is the Mutter Museum... too bad
they stopped making their calendars. It's a throwback to the
Victorian age - it was created to assist physicians and is housed at
the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.

Here's a blurb from the website:
"The Museum's collections include over 20,000 objects, including
fluid-preserved anatomical and pathological specimens, medical
instruments, anatomical and pathological models, items of memorabilia
of famous scientists and physicians, and medical illustrations."

http://www.collphyphil.org/muttpg1.shtml

If you've got the tech, they even have a "virtual tour".

Anahita