[Sca-cooks] Life in Philly, was Maire's life

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 30 17:47:44 PST 2002

Anahita commented:
> Olwen wrote:
>>  Me?  I'm moving to Philly.  It called my name when I went for a wee visit
>>  and the roar of that call is just getting stronger and stronger.  I honestly
>>  feel I should just get in my car and take off and worry about my stuff
>>  later.  I just might.
>
> One thing to be sure to see in Philly is the Mutter Museum... too bad
> they stopped making their calendars. It's a throwback to the
> Victorian age - it was created to assist physicians and is housed at
> the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
>
> Here's a blurb from the website:
> "The Museum's collections include over 20,000 objects, including
> fluid-preserved anatomical and pathological specimens, medical
> instruments, anatomical and pathological models, items of memorabilia
> of famous scientists and physicians, and medical illustrations."

Anahita!
Are you sure you want to point this museum/site out to *Olwen*? Who knows
what things of marzipan might show up in our mailboxes!

I do wish I had known of this place when were visiting Philly a year or two ago. Perhaps we could have squeezed it in.

My brother and his family live outside of Philly in Tabernacle, New Jersey, so
perhaps we will be in the area again.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com