[Sca-cooks] OT: sugar substitutes/atkins

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 3 12:09:56 PST 2002

> Now to drag it back onto cooking, and period - Cariadoc's Misc and Cindy
> Renfrew's 1000 eggs both have good recipes that can be made low carb, and I
> am starting to play with Sabina as well. I have noticed lately a large
> number of the SCA moving to a low carb/restricted carb lifestyle and they
> keep mentioning that they would like to have meals that they could eat at
> feast as well. But i have noticed that they are more likely to quietly bring
> their own foods or go out rather than make a stink about the lack of
> concession to their dietary follies...

Are they? I've had to work with one feast cook, one other person in a
potluck, and two royalty on low-carb diets, and frankly the feast cook
produced a feast that left most people hungry, the royalty were more
difficult than even usual, and the potluck person was, ahem, demanding.

While I don't have a problem with accomondating vegetarians or people with
allergies, I don't see why I should be made to go hungry because other
people are on a weight-reduction diet and desire to be catered to.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It's no use trying to be clever- we are all clever here; just try
to be kind- a little kind." F. J. Foakes Jackson.