[Sca-cooks] OT: sugar substitutes/atkins

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Dec 3 13:20:59 PST 2002

Also sprach jenne at fiedlerfamily.net:
>While I don't have a problem with accomondating vegetarians or people with
>allergies, I don't see why I should be made to go hungry because other
>people are on a weight-reduction diet and desire to be catered to.

If that were the case, I would agree, but high-protein diets aren't
just about weight-reduction, and it's my suspicion that one odd set
of needs constitutes wanting to be catered to, while a lot of
people's needs are suddenly simple common sense. As usually is the
case, a reasonable compromise between two extremes is a good idea. I
think it's more a matter of having high-protein and low-carbohydrate
options available, than about forcing other people to go hungry, just
as similar rules apply pretty well to dealing with vegetarians.

Adamantius