[Sca-cooks] OT: sugar substitutes/atkins

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Dec 4 06:07:39 PST 2002

> If that were the case, I would agree, but high-protein diets aren't
> just about weight-reduction, and it's my suspicion that one odd set
> of needs constitutes wanting to be catered to, while a lot of
> people's needs are suddenly simple common sense.

No, it's a philosophical issue. Once we begin catering to the variety of
body-sculpting diets, where do we end?  If the grapefruit diet comes back,
do we need to start providing a special serving of grapefruit at every
feast?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It's no use trying to be clever- we are all clever here; just try
to be kind- a little kind." F. J. Foakes Jackson.