Roux and file' (was RE: [Sca-cooks] Turkey day odds and ends)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Dec 4 06:47:43 PST 2002

At 08:22 AM 12/4/2002, you wrote:
> [...]

Food for thought.  Brown the flour in the oven, without the fat.  Has two
advantages.  Easier and requires less attention and stirring, and like that
you don't cook the fat so long, which was at one point anyway, considered
carcinogenic.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies