[Sca-cooks] Pralines

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 09:00:01 PST 2002

>There's a chapter on pralines in La Varenne.  I took a quick look at
>the copy on the Fons Grewe website.  Basic pralines are
>unblanched almonds, cooked in sugar that is just below the
>"feather" stage (232 F, according to Karen Hess).  The same
>chapter gives recipes for pralines of citron peel, violets, and of rose
>petals.
>

>Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

I say, it must be nice to read Italian or French or whatever language that
is.  I would really like to see/have the recipes for the pralines for the
other things you mentioned.  If they have those fancy things, chances are
they have some really cool other stuff too.
Olwen, dyslexic reader of english