[Sca-cooks] Pralines

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Dec 4 06:59:38 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "johnna holloway" <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>

Gee Louis XIII is the King in the Three Musketeers!
Louis XIII, 1601-43, king of France (1610-43). He succeeded his
father,
Henry IV, under the regency of his mother, Marie de' Medici. He
married
Anne of Austria in 1615.
It's 17th century--- just like La Varenne.>>>>

I do not follow French Royalty (or much of any others, for that
matter).  My time(s) of focus for SCA cookery is primarily pre-1475.
17th century is far beyond my interests in there projects except as
novelty or placing foods in their time of discovery or development.

The time frame of the aforementioned reign established, does the
Toussant-Samat text state if this is the definitive date of invention of
what they knew as Parlines, or is it the earliest citation they find for
the term's use or something else they claim?

To anyone reading this thread, was this the more reliable source
between History of Food and Food in History?  I have both at home, but
lose track of the relative strength of the information provided; I
belief Toussant-Samat is the better, though.  I'm planning on browsing
both this week re: Pralines.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco